Saturday, July 19, 2008

ANOTHER BEN PLANS ANOTHER GREAT RIDE

This morning I headed out around 0530 and met up with Ben S., Casey, Dev, and Jeff S. Ben had planned a trip up Kolekole Pass which worked out great for me since I could meet them on Kunia Road. It was a great ride to a location I haven't ridden yet. On the way back, Casey took a flyer. I was lucky enough to get behind a truck pulling a big horse trailer allowing me to catch up and then pass Casey. Casey then caught me on the next hill and he and I continued to hammer it to Kunia. What a great ride today!

Got home just as Damien was getting up. Took a shower, got some breakfast, and then he and I hit the road for a boy's day out and about.

Now time to do some bike cleaning and work on the Griffen. Got a few parts in the mail recently. Here is an update...

Handle bars w/shipping: $115.50. Also came with an extra set of brake levers.
Bottom bracket w/shipping: $46.01. To replace the wrong one I got with the crank set I bought.

Update on build total: $665.17

Almost there. Waiting on a shipment from Nashbar. Then all I need to do is pick up some brake cables and I'm good to go!

No comments: