Monday, April 14, 2008

The Felt Gets Some TLC

My Felt F75 was in dire need of some TLC...so I gave her a good cleaning this weekend. I had been wanting to take off the bar tape because I botched it up the last time trying to put it on in a hurry. I had also had a couple of wet rides recently and wanted to take out the bottom bracket and check it out. Well, I couldn't get the darn thing out, so Monday I took it down to Momentum to have them take it out for me. I found out that my bottom bracket was shot. Momentum didn't really have any inexpensive options for me and I needed to get things back together for some riding this week and for the Team Time Trial this weekend. I stopped by IT&B and found a bottom bracket that I installed last night. I got all the bar tape off but didn't have a chance to wrap it. So, I missed out on the ride today but I had a Bicycle Advisory Meeting to attend so I would have missed it regardless. Tonight I'll wrap the bars and finish up...she'll be ready to go for this weekend.

No comments: