Wednesday, July 22, 2009

BACK ON THE BIKE

After two weeks off due to surgery, it was good to get back on the bike yesterday...well, sort of. I probably picked the best or worst day as a first day back...depends on how you look at it. I went out for the HACC Hammerfest yesterday and it was brutal. We were rolling along and I was feeling pretty good. When a car passed the group on the left, I saw an opportunity to get in its slipstream and take a flyer off the front. I got a good lead on the group and was hitting it hard. Just as we were getting out to the beach, the lead group caught me. I tried to hang on but didn't have the steam...they were cooking it! I dropped back to the second group and got in with them to finish up the ride. Kelly and I had a nice little sprint at the end...fun! I was spent after the ride but it felt good. This morning I started back my riding to work and had a great ride in. Next move is to decide on whether I'm going to ride Dick Evans in September.

No comments: