Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bike Update



Alright, time to get back to some bike stuff. Got my brake levers and my shifters in the mail since last bike update. Brake levers were $17.90 ($27.50 with shipping). Shifters were $48.00 ($55.50 with shipping). This past weekend I also had to take the bike to The Bike Shop to have the headset pressed. That cost me $26.18. I found out later Ben had a press...if only I had been more patient...oh, well. I also found out that I bought the wrong bottom bracket. I knew I needed an English threaded bottom bracket, but somehow I ended up with an Italian Threaded BB. I'll chalk it up to eBay tunnel vision. Already started the search for another BB. Too much fun!


Total for build to date: $503.66, well there went my $500.00 cap...let's see how far this goes!

No comments: