Sunday, April 6, 2008

HACC Invades Tantalus


Today was the Tantalus Time Trial. I woke up about 2:30 a.m., couldn't sleep. I have a hard time sleeping the day before a race...I'm always worried I will forget something and I usually end up packing way more than I need. So, I had some breakfast, checked a few things on the computer, grapped my backpack and headed out the door.

I met John there early to set up a canopy tent in case of bad weather. This turned out to be a great idea because it rained almost the entire time we were there. The race went well, we had the best showing of any team there and were the only ones with a tent set up with our bikes on trainers.

The Tantalus Time Trial is 4.5 miles with about 1,400 feet of climbing. It was tough. I have come quite a ways with my cycling but have much to learn and need more time in the saddle (although I doubt my wife would agree with that).


The rain let up a bit on the way up. On the way down the rain started up again and I could barely open my eyes (I had brought my sunglasses but didn't think about changing to the clear lenses before I took off).

All in all...it was a good day of cycling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello ! Great adventure ! Bye

From : WangKhongHwee
Country : MALAYSIA, South East Asia

Anonymous said...

Shane,
You might want to change your post from 14,000 feet of climbing to 1,400 feet. I know tantalus isnt that steep!